2020-21 Bursary Awards
Recently the Head of the Public Service, Dr. Derrick Binns recognized this year’s (2020) Bermuda Government Bursary Award Recipient Ania Gilbert.
Ania is pursuing a Bachelors of Business Administration-Accounting at Mount Saint Vincent University.
Dr. Binns also extended special congratulations to this year's graduating Bursary Award students.
- Kobe Richardson, Ministry of Public Works - Department of Public Land Buildings and Surveys
- Malik Richardson, Ministry of Home Affairs - Department of Planning.
- Doreen Burgess, Ministry of Health - Environmental Health.
The Minister for the Cabinet Office, Wayne Furbert said, “The Public Service Bursary Award Scheme identifies qualified individuals who will meet the future needs of Government Departments, thus ensuring a well-trained cadre of people to fill positions within the Public Service. I am pleased to recognize Ania Gilbert, the recipient of the 2020-2021 Bermuda Government Public Service Bursary Award. Of the graduates, Kobe will be a Trainee Building Surveyor, Doreen, a Trainee Environmental Health Officer and Malik has moved to the substantive post of an Assistant Planner. We are proud of them all as they will be a welcome addition to the ranks of the Public Service.”
As a note, there are also five (5) continuing bursary students, who are studying in the fields of Nursing, Nautical Science, Engineering and Accounting.
The 2020-2021 Bursary Awards are available for accredited post-secondary programmes of study both locally and overseas. The bursaries are valued at $10,000 per annum; not exceeding five (5) years. To be considered for a Bursary Award, applicants must:
- be Bermudian citizens.
- have completed no less than 5 years of schooling in Bermuda.
- be 40 years of age or under, at date of application.
- have been accepted into an institution of higher learning or currently be undertaking courses leading to a professional, specialist or technical - - -
- qualification required within the Public Service.
- be in an Undergraduate or Master’s Degree programme.
- be planning a career in the Public Service upon completion of their education.