The Minister of Community Affairs and Sports, the Hon. Lovitta Foggo confirmed today that Government will be facilitating its annual Summer Day Camp Programme starting June 24th.
And as of tomorrow (Friday June 12), parents are invited to contact the Department of Youth, Sport and Recreation or to click HERE to enroll their children. Contactless payment can be done online via the link.
The Minister said, “Parents can be assured that the safety of our young people and staff are our highest priority. And we have instituted protocols that are in keeping with the Ministry of Health's guidance, as well as best practices from leading global health organisations.”
Minister Foggo added, "We were able to see success in managing a youth recreational programme recently when the Department organized the E-Camp for the children of essential workers. And we are pleased to be able to offer our annual summer camp for our young people."
The Department outlined some of its protocols for this year’s summer camp:
- A thorough screening process is in place for children and staff.
- All cleaning procedures and measures outlined by the Department of Health will be implemented.
- All staff overseeing the Summer Camps have undergone rigourous health and safety training.
- Ensuring physical distancing of young people.
- This year's Summer Camps are as follows:
Pre-school Plus Camps:
These are camps for students who are currently in Pre-school – Primary 2.
- Camp Fresh Start - Francis Patton Primary School.
- Camp Smart Start - West Pembroke School.
- Camp Head Start - Dalton E. Tucker Primary School.
Primary School Camps:
These are camps for students who are currently in Primary 1 – Primary 6. These students must have completed a year in primary school.
- Camp Hibiscus - Paget Primary School.
- Camp Bermudez - Northlands Primary School.
- Camp Onions - Sammy Wilson Central Zone Community Centre.
- Camp Loquat - Eastern Zone Community Centre.
Middle School Camps:
These are camps for students who are currently in Primary 6 – Middle 3.
- Dellwood Middle School Camp 1 (Boys)
- Dellwood Middle School Camp 2 (Girls)
Special Needs Camp:
This camp is for students with special needs who are currently in Primary and Middle Schools. This starts on July 1.
Camp PawPaw – Prospect Primary.
For more information about enrollment into Government’s summer camps the public can call 295-0855.