Both cases were imported (returning residents).
Bermuda has 148 total confirmed positive cases. Their status is as follows:
- there are 2 active cases, of which
- 2 people are under active public health monitoring,
- none are hospitalized
- a total of 137 have recovered, and
- the total deceased remains 9.
The average age of all of our confirmed positive cases is 60 and the age range of all of our positive cases is from 18 to 101 years.
The average age of all deceased cases is 74 and the age range is 57 to 91 years.
The source of all local cases is as follows:
- 44 are Imported
- 85 are Local transmission, with known contact
- 16 are Local transmission with an unknown contact, and
- 3 are under investigation
Bermuda’s country status is “Local Transmission – Sporadic Cases”.
The Minister of Health the Hon. Kim Wilson JP MP said, “I want to reiterate the importance of mask-wearing and physical distancing. COVID-19 has not gone away; as today's two imported cases prove. With our low COVID numbers, it's perhaps easy to forget that we are living in the midst of a pandemic; but the reality is that we are and we need to take the same precautions we always have to protect ourselves and our community. Now is not the time to let our guard down."